Looking for the best and brightest
TechSolutions strongly believes that a company is only as good as its team members. We strive to hire the most highly qualified applicants for a wide range of challenging and fulfilling positions, and offer our team members competitive compensation packages, advancement opportunities, and an exceptional work atmosphere.
We are accepting applications from qualified individuals for the job opportunities listed below. To submit your application, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls in reference to job opportunities.
Under minimum supervision perform operational activities of the Service Department in the delivery of services and support for business clients.
Help Desk Supervisor / Service Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete assigned tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create, document, and update all work on assigned tickets in the client management software.
- Perform on-call duties and follow designated procedures when assigned to the support rotation.
- Maintain antivirus solutions to include checking alerts, cleaning computers, and installation.
- Ensure automated patching for managed servers and workstations are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines on managed network devices such as servers, workstations and firewalls and remediate as appropriate.
- Monitor NOC email folder for alerts and create new tickets as appropriate.
- Creation and maintenance of client network diagrams.
- Assist in information gathering and triaging of new client tickets.
- Perform resolution activities within established procedures and escalate service ticket as appropriate.
- Implement Active Directory account and password changes.
- Install printers and troubleshoot printing environments.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and maintain server backup solutions.
- Support and troubleshoot desktop issues.
- Perform initial configuration of new workstations and servers.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues both wired and wireless.
- Provide assistance with remote capabilities for clients.
- Virus and malware remediation and monitoring.
- Perform Help Desk I Technician portion of the Onboarding and Offboarding checklists for new or former clients.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Perform routine cleanup of the tech bench and workspace.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests.
- Track, document, and submit time and expense reports.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all company and client site policies and procedures.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Make a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement.
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- learning new technologies.
- Be available for other duties as required.
- Be available for overtime as needed, including evenings and/or weekends.
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- This position requires 1 year of Information Technology experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining workstations.
- Experience troubleshooting routers, switch hardware, firewalls and TCP/IP.
- Apply technical expertise to analyze the results of troubleshooting activities to develop and implement solutions.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports, business and technical correspondence, and narrative summaries of completed tasks and activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Apply basic statistical theories and concepts to achieve technical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply appropriate concepts, theories, and methodologies to perform root cause analysis and demonstrate deductive reasoning to solve technology problems.
- Rely on independent thinking and the ability to follow pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Successfully complete any regulatory and all job training requirements.
- Successfully obtain assigned industry certifications to enhance technology competence.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to productivity.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency or critical situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have and maintain in valid status a drivers’ license and vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must have and use personal transportation to commute to customer sites to deliver services of the company and execute the essential functions of this position.